UFW DIRECTORY - The Art of Filmmaking as a Dynamic Area of Experience and Learning
Like never before, films and filmmaking are significant in our lives, livelihoods and education
The UFW Directory sources news and useful organizations from around the world
- Film schools and academies are reaching out to new and global communities.
- Filmmakers have unprecedented opportunity with the advent of digital marketing and social media outlets.
- Increasingly, film, acting, and photography camps, workshops and academies are attracting individuals of all ages and for a variety of reasons.
- While Hollywood, Los Angeles, is still the focal point of the global film industry, both film production and education are increasingly available around the world.
Friends of University Filmworks – Dean Karalekas and TC Lin – Sign with LA Distribution Agent: "The Kiss of Lady X"
Thanks to the organizers of the Depth of Field International Film Festival, Adler & Associates Entertainment Inc of Los Angeles saw Lady X and have become the film’s bona fide Hollywood distribution agent.
The film, directed by TC Lin, is based on a disgraced former secret agent who risks his life as well as the lives of his ragtag team as he seeks revenge against the charismatic terrorist who killed his wife.
The Kiss of Lady X
Dean Karalekas told University Filmworks: “This represents more than we could ever have hoped for when we embarked upon this journey, and I take it as a testament to the excellence and dedication of everyone who was involved in this unique, collaborative, community project.”
- American Film Institute
- California Film Institute
- Directors Guild of America
- Drama Online
- Film Education (UK)
- Taste of Cinema
- The Internet Movie Script Database (IMSDb)
- The Hollywood Reporter
- The Hollywood Reporter (list of best film schools)
- Top Universities (Top Film Schools)
- University Film and Video Association